At-home COVID-19 tests are now covered
As of January 15, 2022, your plan covers at-home COVID-19 tests
- Your plan covers up to 8 tests per 30-day period. (Some come in packs of 2.)
- You can get your tests at no cost at a CVS pharmacy with your prescription drug ID card.
- If you get your test somewhere else, you’ll have to pay for it and submit your receipt for reimbursement. You may be refunded up to $12 per test.
- Tests for work are NOT covered.
How can I get my at-home COVID-19 test at no cost?
From a CVS pharmacy:
- Check out ONLY at the pharmacy counter.
- Give the pharmacist your prescription drug ID card to get your test at no cost.
- If you check out at any other cash register, you’ll have to pay for the test and will need to submit your receipt for a refund.
Only certain FDA approve tests are covered at a CVS pharmacy:
UPC Brand Name Tests per package 82607-0660-26 ACON Laboratories Flowflex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test 1 60006-0191-66 Access Bio on/go COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test 2 11877-0011-40 Abbott Diagnostics Scarborough BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test 2 08337-0001-58 OraSure InteliSwab COVID-19 Rapid Test 2 14613-0339-72 Quidel QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test 2 14613-0339-68 Quidel QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test 5
How do I get a refund if I paid for my test?
You can submit your receipt:
- Visit caremark.com.
- Create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Fill out the information.
- Upload a photo of your receipt.
- Print this reimbursement form.
- Fill out Step 1. Be sure to sign and date at the bottom.
- Include your original receipt in the envelope. Don’t staple or tape the receipt to the form.
Mail the completed form and receipt to:
P.O. Box 52136
Phoenix, Arizona 85072-2136
Be sure to complete a separate form for each person on the plan who got a test.
- Must be an FDA approved over-the-counter COVID-19 test that you can take yourself and get results immediately.
- Test can’t be purchased from a private person, online auction or resale market.
- No-cost COVID tests are for your personal use. They are not for work, or for resale.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days of the date your receipt is received.
- Refunds are based on approval, and not guaranteed.
- If your refund request is approved, you will receive $12 per test, or the actual price paid; whichever is less.
- Your refund will be sent to you as a check in the mail.
If you have questions, call us at 844-427-8501